Monday, August 11, 2008

Paul: An example for us

Although I missed out on home group last week, I got an update about it from Matt and Jeff. Of course I have something to say about the discussion...

It sounded like one of the main points we took away from that night was the ability to talk about our life journeys. If I understand correctly, giving a short example about how my life was on a journey in one direction and then talking about how following Jesus has set my life in a new direction is an effective way to share our stories with people.

I was reading in Acts this morning and Paul was making his defense before Agripa. His testimony to him seems to model this exactly. Take a look. Its Acts 26.

1 comment:

chewie said...

I missed it too, but Jeff told me about it today. It got me thinking about what my mini-testimony would be. "I once was dogmatic, but now I'm free" came to mind first. It's not necessarily my final answer but I like it! What's yours?